The DREAMS team serves clients who for one reason or another require significant levels of support to actively participate in the community. The main goals of the program are to increase independence and self esteem, improve communication, promote decision making and assist in the development of friendships.
Clients who are members of the DREAMS Team:
- require significant levels of support
- may require supports in one or more of the following areas:
Eating and drinking
- are emotionally and behaviorally compatible with the other DREAMS clients
- enjoy a variety of activities
- are interested in exploring the community
- are comfortable in a group setting
- complete a 3 month trial period
Clients in DREAMS participate in a variety of activities including swimming, visiting many parks in Victoria, music programs, seasonal events, arts and crafts, therapy horse riding and sailing.
||Mar. 10, 11 - 1:23pm
Christie painted these pictures using her eyes. Every Tuesday morning Christie participates in the eye tracking program at UVic’s CanAssist. The eye tracker has recently been paired with a paint program, allowing Christie to put color on the screen by looking at it and moving her eyes, leaving lines of color where she’s looked. Christie now has the option to create a picture completely independently, whereas if she were using a paintbrush and paper, it would require a support working using a hand over hand technique for the entire project.